Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Crystal's Birthday Present

This all started from the beginning of a new painting. I loved how the angel wing turned out, so photographed it knowing I could "do something with it". This is one thing I've done with it...The wings, which were printed on Sheer Heaven are lifted off the background, then the image of the woman is lifted even higher. She holds a sign that says, "Here are your wings, now fly." Bars of music were cut from a page then formed into a bow and below that a twig, feathers, buttons and a paper wasp nest were arranged. It is framed in a black shadowbox frame.

1 comment:

Dapoppins said...

This is just so delicate...perfect arrangement.

Oh. Love it.

hello, are you the sweet Kathy who stopped by my blog the other day and gave my friend such good advice? I just wanted you to know...you were RIGHT!